Welcome & Introductions Thread

Happy to see you here @Malvikaa ! Almost every month when we drive through Bandipur, we remember you… but haven’t been able to visit Swayyam yet… hope to do that sooner.

Not sure you remember, we met in Sholai School many moons ago and I think Sunita was in touch.

Hi, This is Priti from Bioenzyme Entrepreneurs Academy of India.

Bio-Enzyme Entrepreneurs Academy (BEA, India) is an apex body of Bio-Enzyme producers and promoters for research, education, training, testing, accreditation and promotion of Bio-Enzymes for a sustainable life & livelihood.

We are engaged in driving a national mission toward community-based solution to environmental and livelihood issues. We see the solution to civic issues in cities and villages, in community-based entrepreneurial recycling of household waste into Bio-Enzymes, Bio-Compost, and Bio-Gas. We work at the grass root level - focused on waste management, and regenerating soil and water ecosystems.

At BEA, we are driven by a single goal; to do our part in making the world a better place for all. Through our platform, we encourage micro-entrepreneurs, individuals, and organisations to produce & consume alternate natural products using Bio-Enzymes. We strive to build an engaging community of bioenzymes producers, innovators & entrepreneurs by sharing knowledge, research and setting quality standards. Collectively, we stand for Zero-Waste Homes, Housing Societies, Schools, Campuses, and Communities.

We are here to understand, and collaborate to bring substantial changes to our ecosystem with the help of like minded people / communities.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Maribel, I’m also a volunteer and have joined the movement to save our planet. Like all of you, I have people in my life who inspired me to care about the climate crisis and do what I can to save our world for future generations. I am willing to learn and do what I can to help nature and create a more sustainable future.

Hello everyone,
I am Aditya Sai Charan a chartered accountant from hyderabad. I would like to do my part for the environment preservation, please let me know how can i be of any help.

Hi everyone,
I’m Varun from Mumbai. I have a startup where we provide sustainable alternatives to conventional fashion. We make versatile, non-trendy clothing using materials like Tencel and linen that have a relatively smaller ecological footprint.

By qualification I am a CA and in my previous avatar, I was managing the investments for a big Indian conglomerate. I’ve always wanted to do my bit for the environment which made me move out of my finance role and start this venture.

I’m glad to have joined this forum and would like to contribute in any initiative where I can help creating a positive impact.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

This is Anirvan and I’m currently based out of New Delhi. I work at Veditum India Foundation (www.veditum.org) as a Researcher & Project Coordinator on an Environmental Accountability project. You can read more about the project here: Veditum - Sand Mining Monitoring - Updates thread

I am interested in Wildlife and Nature conservation and believe that indigenous and tribal people are the best conservationists. I am excited to join this forum and connect with like minded individuals. Looking forward to it.

Hi All,

I am Shreyas Habbu. Currently working in Cummins India - A Diesel Engine manufacturer that is transitioning towards a zero emissions products environment. I am part of the team that is defining this roadmap for the company in India.

1 Like

Hi All,

I am Kutti Krishnan, the founder of Bumberry cloth diapering company.

I started the venture to mass inspire the idea of highly functional reusable diapers in society as an alternative to highly enviornmentally unfriendly disposable diapers.

Our website is https://bumberry.com

I write in Quora.com once in a while on sustainability. https://www.quora.com/profile/Kutti-Krishnan-1

Nice to catch up with you all great peers here.

Let’s start chatting

Warmest regards,
Krishnan
9645904748 WA

2 Likes

Hi! Its so wonderful to see a community of people and organisations who are committed to making sustainable change! I’m Soumya, the Founder of Project Baala, an organisation that is committed to making menstruation a non-issue in this lifetime.

We’re teetering on the edge of no-return when it comes to menstrual health, especially in India.
40,000 women lose their lives to poor menstrual hygiene annually, 23% of adolescent girls drop out of school at the onset of puberty every year, 31% women report a drop in productivity and income due to loss of 2.3 days of work monthly.
Sheer menstruation mathematics reveals that a woman, on average, uses 10,000 sanitary napkins in her lifetime which take >500 years to decompose.

Since 2018, we have provided 1.5 million sustainable Baala pads, impacted 500,000 girls and women across India, Nepal, Tanzania and Ghana and provided income opportunities to over 300 women in rural India.

It is wonderful to be a part of this community. If anyone is interested in conversations around women’s health, sustainable menstrual products, femtech, rural livelihood- lets chat!
Anyone willing to share their experience/interest/advice to help us scale more ,I would love to connect!

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Shikhar, I am based out of Bangalore and my company Angetha Agro works with products of value derived from the Cannabis plant. Currently our operations are mainly focused on fabrics, clothing made from Cannabis fibre and wellness products & medicines infused with Cannabis extract.

I am here to meet new, like minded people and engage in conversations that grow my knowledge and mindset.

Hey, hemp fabrics have several functional benefits and this is one of the product ideas we were thinking about as well. Would love to chat with you, maybe we could work together and launch a line of reusable diapers made from hemp!

Hi All,

I’m Avinash Krishnamurthy, I am part of both S3IDF and Biome Environmental Trust. At both places I engage with many issues at the intersection of economics, ecology and equity. I think people in this forum are far more familiar with Biome’s work and my colleagues at Biome have shared many ideas and threads here.

So I’ll take this opportunity to introduce S3IDF - Small Scale Sustainable Infrastructure Development Fund (I keep joking its a sentence not a name!). The word “fund” is perhaps misleading - we are really a “facility” as in facilitators - we are not a fund as is normally construed. We work with grass roots NGOs who work with communities to mobilise, motivate, organise and collectivize. And in collaboration with such NGOs we help the entrepreneurial agency of communities - typically with support to mobilize appropriate kind of finance, access technology/know how, access markets and by supporting them with their enterprise/projects in the early stages of the work during which risk management and mitigation is critical.

Here is a video that one hopes will help :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards
Avinash

2 Likes

Here is another video that can further help understanding our work :

1 Like

Hi Everyone, I have been around on this platform, occasionally posting webinar links and such, and thought this would be a good time to introduce myself. I am Arjun, I work with the Ecological Restoration Alliance- India,, helping them build the alliance and the community around ecological restoration in India.

Ecological Restoration Alliance India (ERA-India) is an informal community of individuals, organisations and groups working together to foster knowledge and practice of ecological restoration of natural ecosystems in India. The goals of the Alliance are to collate and share knowledge, experience, and case studies of ecological restoration of natural ecosystems across India. Through this ERA-India aims to create, expand, inform, and enable civil society, government, and citizenry engaged in appropriate and effective ecological restoration nationwide. ERA-India envisages a future where anyone anywhere in India can restore their native landscapes.