Seeking Insights: Implementing POSH Measures for Small Organizations

Hello from The Locavore,

We hope you’re doing well! We are a food-based platform committed to creating sustained impact in India across communities through various avenues such as storytelling, partnerships, projects, and events. This weekend is a special occasion for us as we turn two years old. To commemorate this milestone, we’re hosting a pan-India birthday potluck. Should you wish to join, here is a link with more details!

As our team continues to grow, we’ve encountered some challenges, particularly around operational processes. One area of focus for us is implementing POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment) measures. We’ve found that the associated costs can be prohibitive for smaller organizations like ours. Therefore, we’re reaching out to seek advice, resources, and any help you may be able to offer. We’re particularly interested in hearing about your experiences and learnings in this area.

I’m Sreyasi, the Projects Lead at The Locavore. You may have seen my posts about our Millet Revival Project on Grove. While I do have some experience and understanding of POSH, I’m curious to learn how others navigate similar challenges, especially when it comes to working with volunteer teams, conducting events with multiple stakeholders, and engaging in fieldwork and travel that may not always be in a controlled environment.

We appreciate any insights or support you can provide. Feel free to leave a comment or send me a message. Thank you for your time.

Best,

Sreyasi,
On behalf of Team Locavore

@MarianneM can you help? #iirc Dakshin had worked on similar initiatives and available to help other orgs going through this journey…

Thanks @Mari. Hi @SreyasiM . Happy to share our experience with this. I am also sharing a website that several of us in the conservation sector put together, specifically to help smaller organisations. Do take a look and feel free to use the policy template etc. from this site. If you would like to talk about this further my email id is [email protected]

Thanks, @Mari and @MarianneM this is incredible. I shall read through the material you shared and email you if I have any other questions. Thank you once again!