Profound changes comes from Practical solutions

I want to dissipate the ideas that I’ve been mulling over for quite a time. Which could be great Social Enterprises.

1. “Carbon Capturing Pod”, I’ve understood that capturing CO2 at the source (such as from the exhaust pipe of vehicles) is both efficient and economically feasible to scale. It is also feasible to utilise the captured carbon. The current method of capturing CO2 (the DAC approach) is often tedious and inefficient, as it involves allowing the CO2 to enter the atmosphere and become diluted before attempting to capture and concentrate it. In contrast, capturing from the source saves both energy and time.

2. “Renewables on Roads”, It is a shelter-like structure of solar panels that spans across highways. Currently, most renewable energy is generated far from cities, in the process of getting that green energy to cities a big chunk of it gets lost in the transmission lines. What if that green energy is generated in and around the cities? — A study stated that, up to 30% of the area of a city is occupied by roads. by building solar-roofs on roads helps us to distribute renewable energy efficiently and provides other benefits as well. — First, you can install EV chargers every few metres. As EVs become more prevalent, having charging points on roads and highways will be helpful. Second, it improves the life of roads by protecting tarmac from the sun and rain, which reduces the occurrence of patches and cracks. Third, it helps to reduce accidents caused by slippery roads on rainy days. Fourth, the structure’s shade protects vehicles from harsh sun rays, reducing heat and, consequently, the vehicle’s air conditioning systems end up using less energy. A whole sustainable approach.

3. “Decentralised ECO STPs” to tackle Water scarcity and Water pollution which are increasingly prevalent issues worldwide. I understand the urgent need for a better and more reliable solution than relying on tankers or inadequate government supplies, oftentimes these are filthy, and people treat these waters before they use it, but with Our solution, people can be assured of getting utmost-quality, safe water that is free from harmful pollutants.
    — Few salient features of this system, First, it uses an eco-friendly method, Vermifiltration, for primary filtration of sewage, which saves us a lot of resources, time, and money. Second, To reduce Capex and Opex we can make this in a container form factor which would be powered by solar energy. Third, this approach takes only half the time to treat sewage compared to conventional systems. Our customers would be the people who are seeking for a solution, the people who’ve to buy water anyways.

All of these are global problems, India is not an exception.

I’d love to work with you guys @NithinKamath @knadh @sameershisodia .

Note: above images are only just for reference.
Some backing evidence/studies:
1)

2) Identifying the amount of urban space occupied by roads | Eltis.
3)(PDF) Sewage treatment by vermifiltration with synchronous treatment of sludge by earthworms: a low-cost sustainable technology over conventional systems with potential for decentralization | Gokul Bharambe - Academia.edu

The cleanest drinking water is recycled | Stanford University School of Engineering

This tweet is very resonating with the above post:
Most of us ignoring these ideas because everyone else is ignoring these.

1 Like