kethi sudhar & NBF

good evening, am sabitha mudigonda from hyderabad. we are working for farmers and creating awareness and guiding the farmers about " Kethi sudhar& Nutritionally balanced Farming". plant can resist on its own if you balance the required 16 nutrients at required stages of plant life line . we want to reach more number of farmers. we would like to create a digital platform for the farmers so that they can take a pic of the field and upload it and seek for guidance about disease management, farming techniques like right quantity of fertilisers, micro nutrients can reduce the farming cost and excess usage of chemicals on plants. am looking for some help in building this digital platform …can anyone help us… regards, sabitha mudigonda

Hello Sabitha,

I assume that you have a team and wish to provide them with a platform through which they can address the doubts that farmers reach out with.

I believe the most cost-effective and scalable solution would be using WhatsApp Business and the Chatwoot suite.

WhatsApp Business
Since most people are already using WhatsApp, they can easily reach out to your business or team through it. WhatsApp Business supports multimedia messages and offers interfaces facilitating integration with other platforms.

Chatwoot Suite
Chatwoot is an open-source, self-hosted customer engagement suite. You can integrate your WhatsApp Business account with it and add your team members as agents with access to the chat.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

thank u, now also we are using whatsapp but its a like a mess…we created a whatsapp group where we get many pics from different farmers but when i try to consolidate individual farmer progress i am unable to find the connectivity of dots… thats why am asking and seeking help from tech people…i dont know much about technology except the basic things
…am looking for a basic application where a farmer can upload the pic and have a voice note about his problem

1 Like

@Tech4GoodCommunity @tech4goodgeek @abhishektiwari @vishnus

https://annadathalu.github.io/farmers-information/

We are adding what you said to this page hopefully soon. A place for farmers to upload picture/video and ask a question or leave a voice note.

We plan to add many more details about each farmer and his farm and also build a customer front. This is being built fully on Open Source tools and is intended to be shared with other farmer groups. Currently, all the data is fetched from Google Sheets.

We are also exploring many tools that were presented in OASIS 2023. ERPNext is really useful. Also using Plio from Avanti, to create short videos/quiz for the farmer on FAQ. Plan to bring authentication to enable login access to data administrators or farmer group leaders.

Each farmer listed in the link is a smallholder regenerative natural farmer. They meet daily online 7:30-8:30pm, report their daily updates and hold interesting conversations. The information was fetched over a few months and we have just started to piece things together in a usable/presentable manner to farmers and consumers.

2 Likes