Directory of services focusing on environment and sustainability in India

Hi All,

Glad to be here.
Representing Novel Industries, manufacturer of Novel Coconut Oil, is working on a process innovation for the manufacturing of coconut oil. We have been outsourcing our manufacturing of coconut oil to nearby mills that can produce in bulk but using copra- the traditional way.
This new process of manufacturing is by grating the coconut, then drying it and then milling, that’s it. Currently at development stage, after proper implementation, I would like to make this process the new normal of manufacturing coconut oil.
Apart from the fact that we can have a product of higher quality and no preservative requirement, this new method will revamp the entire coconut industry of Kerala.
After venturing into this business after completion of my BBA, I realized that the copra’s used for manufacturing of coconut oil was sourced from Tamil Nadu rather than Kerala, a state named after coconuts. The problem with copra’s from Tamil Nadu, apart from the business perspective and cheaper copra’s is the addition of sulphur for preserving this copra for more time and after milling them, the chances of having the same preservative in the coconut oil is high.
The reason for the entire coconut farming shifting to Tamil Nadu is because of the climatic condition of Kerala.
This qualifies as a sustainable business model and impact the society, happy to connect.

Novel Industries: Novel Industries | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook | Linktree