I am Koushik, currently working at Climate Asia, building capacity of civil society organisations (CSOs) working/aspiring to work in Climate Action.
At Climate Asia, we started supporting 12 grassroot NGOs that are working on Climate Action in the states of Jharkhand, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
All these organisations are based out of rural remote geographies working with marginalised communities on climate change adaptation and resilience. Some of the areas of work they do include:
- Gram Sabha Model/Local democracy / Strengthening Local Institutions
- Regenerative Agriculture / Kitchen Gardens / Climate Resilient Agriculture
- Setting up and supporting FPOs
- Green Education and Skills Campaigns
- Solar Drying / Solar Lighting / Biogas
- Forest Produce Marketing
In the next six months, we will be supporting these organisations in the areas of Human Capital Development, Technology, Communications, Strategy for programmes in Climate Action, Fundraising etc.
We are planning webinars, in-person workshops and coaching sessions to work with these 12 NGOs on this topic in the coming weeks. If anyone want to collaborate or contribute, Please reach out to me.
I’ll keep posting about our learning here. Thanks