Two Critical Stakeholders from the Climate Change pov

First, we need to understand this problem and hence I am trying to understand this problem sitting on a bus, so you might encounter some grammatical and phrasing errors.

If we create a 2X2 Matrix taking four parameters - Visible, Invisible, Long-term, and Short-term - we can understand a lot about where our motivation lies in terms of giving care.

You see, the first stakeholder is in 3rd quadrant (Invisible and long-term). We humans are selfish and hence it would be almost impossible to generate any kind of care. Again, this is just a problem which means definitely soluble.

The 2nd stakeholder is in the 2nd quadrant (visible and long-term). I am sure not more than 2 to 3% of humans on this earth care about this as well.

As we all know most humans live in 1st quadrant (visible and short-term). In fact, most humans panicked seeing problems in the 1st quadrant.

This means if we display 2nd quadrant events as 1st backed by strong math with a detailed explanation that could demand less cognitive load - might be a potential solution.

Apple purchased 36,000 acres of forest with the invisible purpose of preventing shortages and keeping lower prices of packaging materials. (If I will put some more thoughts I can even tell you the economics behind this investment)

And hence I suggested the digitizations of forestation in my last comment because these are non-linear approaches but for 2nd quadrant problems we mostly have non-linear approaches only. In fact, I was also thinking about how can we convert invisible incentives into visible ones that could create a self-sustainable solution.

1 Like