Is there anything we can do regarding climate change at this point?

Thank you for taking the time to write the replies, @Suman_jile. My apologies for the delay in the follow-up!

Every point you mentioned horrifies me. However, the 2 main reasons why climate change horrifies me the most, and hence makes me want to work on it, are:

1. The final and all-encompassing nature of climate change. If we fail to mitigate climate change, it could lead to the extinction of millions of species. While humans as a species might survive, our civilization might not. Along with that, we would lose all our collective efforts, stories, and dreams.

2. Climate change is a super-set or ultimate manifestation of nearly every problem we face as a society. If we successfully address climate change through a transition to sustainable and equitable lifestyles, we would inherently be tackling many other interconnected issues.

Consider the example of

What are the reasons that are causing these deaths?

Many of these risk factors are the result of the consumeristic society we have constructed, which enforces specific lifestyles and creates unhealthy environments that lead to diseases/ailments and ultimately death.

And climate change will exacerbate these issues.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/interactive/2023/pakistan-extreme-heat-health-impacts-death/

(From the article - By 2030, 500 million people and by 2050, 1.3 billion will be suffering inescapable heat, causing heatstroke and damage to the heart and kidneys, resulting in illness or death)

We are already witnessing this happening -

One hundred percent agree! That’s precisely why I have been working on this for the past couple of years while juggling my full-time job -

­ Democratizing Agri-tech and Environment-tech

It never received any replies, which made me wonder if my approach was right at all, and if not, what other ways I could contribute to the climate action effort – which led to this topic.

This situation probably reflects the truth in your point :raised_hands: