Is there anything we can do regarding climate change at this point?

This is absolutely true! But what we are noticing is that when the climate system starts becoming too chaotic, even nature has a tough time with recovery.

I really, really hope we haven’t fallen off the cliff yet. Probably, a few might get lucky, but imagining what will happen to billions of human and animal lives horrifies me.

Wouldn’t it be an equally good, if not better, investment in people and in skills that help prevent getting into tough times in the first place?

But in either scenario, what are these skills? And more importantly, what can we do to make more people learn these skills and use them to build/rebuild a better world? Can individuals like myself and anyone reading this be part of this process?

@Suman_Jile, I would like to hear your answer to the above questions as well. And yes, I do agree that luck plays a role, but I do not feel it is completely an uncontrollable factor.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 14-57-28 A quote by Thomas Jefferson

What I believe is we need to double down on the skill set, spread, and application so that the outcome is in our favour.

I also went through your essay and loved the perspective. Whether the Haber-Bosch process and chemical farming in general truly saved us or doomed us, is up for debate though.

Resharing this post-

And this criminally underviewed TEDx talk-