Anyone with experience in forest fire prevention?

https://theforestway.org/ at Tiruvannamalai has been working on restoring the Arunachala hill for several years. They have a lot of experience in dealing with forest fires on the hill.

1 Like

Hi @dipu_varghese! Thank you for the information, I’ll get in touch with you offline. A lot of the problems, as we’ve realized, are to do with the economies of tendu and mahua harvest and might be harder to solve with tech, but having good reliable, real-time data is always valuable. This is something the MH forest department might be interested in too…

1 Like

Thank your for sharing @uma!! :smile:

Hi @Krutika,

Thank you for highlighting the complexities tied to tendu and mahua harvest economies. While our tech can aid in fire detection and prediction from the ground, I understand the broader challenges.

I wholeheartedly agree with @PraveenRam - that swift detection is key.

Instead of just reliable real-time data, our tech now allows us to precisely distinguish fires. Moreover, I’m excited to share that our tech can also contribute significantly to your mission of stopping deforestation.

Let’s connect offline to discuss how we can integrate technology and a nuanced approach for comprehensive solutions. :slight_smile:

1 Like